Learn about Spices with the Community Helper for C

29 November



Our first community helper for the letter C is Chef.  I had to tell the girls it started with a C though because of the ch- blend, so Cook works just as well. The girls did know exactly what a chef (or a cook) does, so that part was easy.  They always love helping cook. that would be an obvious activity, but instead I decided to let them play around with some of the tools needed to cook with.

I started by making them paper chef's hats and having them put on aprons. (All except Eli who doesn't have an apron, and won't leave a hat on.) To make the hats I just stapled strips of white paper together to make a band the size of their head then folded three sheets of paper lengthwise like an accordion, stapled them together, and stapled them to the band.  Nothing fancy here!




I put out some small pots, water, measuring cups and spoons, whisks, and a bunch of spices I have had since I was married (you know the ones that came with the spice rack but never used).  I threw in a little sugar and flour too.


They had so much fun sprinkling and measuring and whisking.





 They actually played the entire time I made dinner! I asked them to try their creations because I could tell they were definitely over seasoned. Bria liked hers (I have no idea how), but Nadia did NOT! Maybe she at least learned a little goes a long way with some spices.


Luckily they helped clean the giant mess too, without being asked (a miracle)!




Follow along, so you don't miss a post! 

  follow life with moore babies on facebook follow life with moore babies on pinterest follow life with moorebabies on Instagram follow life with moore babies RSS Feed follow life with moore babies through twitter follow life with moore babies through email follow life with moore babies through Google+ follow life with moore babies on stumbleupon

You Might Also Like

8 comments