I started by cutting up my egg carton into what would become 12 individual bugs. I saved the top to use as a paint tray.
Then I had the girls each paint 6 bugs. Bria only wanted to do 4, so I got to make 2. I did end up cutting more off the bottom of them, so they would lay flat on the table.
After letting them dry we started putting spots on them. I had the girls use Q-tips to do this. I tried adding the glow paint to mine, but decided it would be better to do it at the very end since it takes a while to dry.
I cut the pipe cleaners in half, folded the halves in half, and hot glued them to the egg carton.
Then I glued a pom pom on top of that for the head.
I curled the pipe cleaner anntenae, and had the girls paint the glow in the dark glue on their fireflies.
And we had bugs!
|Ladybugs (watch out for that baby)|
I tried to get a picture of one glowing, but they really don't photograph well (especially in the girls closet).
Follow along, so you don't miss a post!
, by Ashley